UK Visit Visa
Last August 2016 I applied for a UK visit visa via the UK government website online and submitted all my documents to the VFS Manila Visa Application Centre. As a Filipino Philippines passport holder. You require a visa when visiting the UK or other countries. When pursuing and applying for this visa I needed to be based in my home country (Philippines).
It was hard from the start because I didn’t know where and how to start, and I didn’t know anyone who could help me out. That’s why I decided to create this blog for someone who will be applying for a visit visa in the future (Especially for Filipino). I started searching online via Google and YouTube, it was helpful although I couldn’t get the exact information that I needed. Then I found the UK government website, I read and followed the information I got from the website where it tells you how to apply and along with the VFS Global Service it was very helpful and informative.
Visitors cannot work or study in the UK unless this is allowed by the permitted activities that are set out in the Visitor Rules. Applications are decided based on the information provided by the applicant and any other relevant circumstances at the date of the decision. Please note that compiling your documents is VERY IMPORTANT and there is NO INTERVIEW, meaning your visa approval will rely on the documents that you’ve provided.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND I JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK WITH YOU, SO PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
Please be informed that you must submit all your original documents.
- Philippine Passport – Your passport must be valid for your visit to the UK, be in good condition, and have at least one-page blank on both sides. If you have had a UK visa before, but this is in an old passport, send in both of your passports. NOTE: Your application may be refused if you do not send your passport.
- Other Passports or Travel Documents – You need to provide your expired passport if you have any.
- Information About Your Visit – Documents showing any plans you have made, such as tour details, flight details, letter of invitation, evidence of sponsor’s immigration status in the UK. In this part, I didn’t submit the tour details and flight details because I am not sure if my visa will be granted or not. I had provided a letter of invitation and evidence of sponsor which is his passport copy.
- Money (either income or savings) – Documents such as bank statements, bank books, bank letter, balance certificate, tax returns and crop receipts. If another person will pay for your visit you need to provide his 6 months bank statements. I only submitted my sponsor’s bank statements and didn’t provide my own bank statement, bank books, etc.
- Home Address – Documents showing where you live such as property deed, mortgage statements, tenancy agreements, accountant’s letters and land registration documents. In this part, I provided my parents land registration documents since I don’t own any property.
- Evidence of Assets – Documents showing that you own property or land such as property deed, mortgage statements, accountant’s letter, and land registration documents. Please note that I didn’t submit anything on this part of requirements because as I’ve said I don’t own any property.
- Accommodation in the UK – Document showing your UK accommodation and travel details, such as hotel booking confirmation, travel booking confirmation, travel agent confirmation and sponsor accommodation details. In this part, I only submitted my sponsor accommodation details and I just typed it in Microsoft Word including his address and descriptions of the house.
- Additional Information – Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel. I only submitted a copy of my mom’s voters ID and I think you can submit any government ID of your parents as well or if you have kids you can provide their Birth Certificate as a close tie in the Philippines.
- Other Documents – You can submit any documents that you think might help with your visa application. I added photos together with my sponsor’s and his phone bills with the address.
For further reference click here.
What you can’t do during your visit in the UK
- You are not allowed to work with pay or without pay.
- You can’t stay in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits.
- You can’t get public funds.
- You are not allowed to marry or register a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
A Standard Visitor (6 months validity) visa costs £89. For visa fee, click here.
You need to register on the application online click here to create an account. It will allow you to save, view, and edit your details. Fill in the application in English, pay the visa fee online, and book your appointment to VFS Manila/Cebu online. Attend to VFS with all your documents and have a copy on hand (A4 size all your documents).
NOTE: PRINTED OUT YOUR PAYMENT CONFIRMATION AND ONLINE APPLICATION FORM IN A4 SIZE PAPER.
Visa processing time
After submitting all your documents your waiting game will start. You should get the decision on your visa within 15 working days. If you have any questions or concern please place your comment and I will try to answer all your questions. Goodluck!