UK FIANCE/SETTLEMENT VISA APPLICATION
My boyfriend and I decided to get married in the UK, as a Filipino I need to get a visa to get there. At first, I thought it will be easy for me to get all the required documents because I already had my UK Tourist Visa and I thought it will be the same process, oh well! Yes, it was the same process but it was not as easy as a tourist visa. Anyway way back then, I start searching online for the documents needed. I used Google and YouTube, I got some ideas but not all the answers (it was not easy, believe me). My boyfriend asked me if we need to get a solicitor and I’m confident when I told him that we don’t need it since I already process my own visit visa before (big mistake of my life).
1. You and your partner both need to be 18 or over.
2. You should be in a relationship for at least 2 years and in a genuine relationship.
3. If any, you need to prove that your previous marriages have been ended.
4. You need to get married within 6 months after arriving in the UK and you are not allowed to work during your engagement.
5. You also need to prove that you have a good knowledge of English.
6. You are required to pass your tuberculosis test.
7. You need to prove that you have a proper accommodation.
8. You need to prove that you are planning to get married in the UK.
9. You should have a valid passport.
10. Your sponsor should pass the required Financial Requirements which is 18,600 per annum.
UK fiancé/Settlement Visa Document Checklist
1. Online application form – UKVI Application Form, click here
2. Appendix Form – click here
3. Confirmation of Biometric Appointment
4. Confirmation of Visa payment
5. PSA Birth Cert
6. TB test – 3200n pesos – (to schedule your TB test, click here)
7. A1 life skills test -10,415 pesos – (to schedule your appointment, click here)
8. Photocopy of passport
9. Letter of intent
10. CENOMAR – Certification of No Marriage
Sponsor’s Doc: NOTE: Financial Requirements Required 18,600 pounds per annum.
1. Sponsorship form from UK Website – click here
2. Cover letter
3. Birth Cert
4. Employment contract
5. Letter from employer (financial reference)
6. 6 months’ payslip
7. 6 months or 1-year bank statement
8. Passport copy
9. Copy of travel history
10. Copy of divorce decree
1. supporting letter from his family
2. Letter from the landlord (who owns the apartment, stated how many bedrooms and the size of the apartment, also stating that they are allowing you to stay in the house)
3. Council Tax
4. Utility Bills
1. Pictures together with a caption
2. Copy of conversation or communication (Skype, WhatsApp or any other social sites)
6. Facebook posts
7. Plane ticket of Fiancé that he already visited you
8. Hotel bookings confirmation
How to send documents:
1. You can send it to Sheffield via courier (I prefer DHL)
2. VFS Scan Service – Fee – Almost 4K pesos