IELTS A1 Life Skills Tests (Speaking & Listening)
IELTS A1 Life Skills Test is one of the requirements when applying for Settlement visa (fiance/Spouse) in the UK.
Who needs to take the exam? Those people who would settle in the UK or will be applying for settlement visa in the UK.
Please make sure that you have the below documents when registering your test.
1. Passport or valid ID (Professional Regulatory Commission ID, Social Security System ID, Government Service Insurance System, and the Unified Multi-purpose ID). On the test day, you must bring the original Passport/ID document that you indicated on your application form).
2. Scanned copy of your valid ID document or passport.
3. A valid VISA card or MasterCard for online payment.
1. You have to complete the whole registration process including online payment within 30 minutes.
2. Test fee – PHP 10,415.00
3. Slots are reserved on a first-come, first served basis.
4. Incomplete application will not be processed.
5. Candidates who seek to cancel their registration or transfer test dates within the five-week period prior to the test date will only receive a refund if they can satisfy to the Administrator that their ability to sit the test has been affected by illness or serious cause. Serious causes include:
• Illness – e.g. hospital admission, serious injury or illness (does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
• Loss or bereavement – the death of a close family member
• Hardship/trauma – the victim of crime, the victim of a traffic accident
• Military service
6. Change of test date is not permitted unless on medical grounds and should be supported by medical proof dated on the examination day. Candidates have to put such requests in writing within five working days after the test.
Here are the Steps on how to book your test.
1. IELTS British Council Philippines (click here)
2. Scroll down and answer the question “ARE YOU APPLYING FOR IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)? Tick “YES” and select “NEXT”.
3. You’ll be directed to the image below, select “NEXT”.
4. Select the location you prefer to take the exam (Cebu or Manila).
5. Don’t be overwhelmed, scroll down and look for IELTS Life Skills A1. Select the date you want to take the test and click “REGISTER ONLINE”.
6. The popup message will show and it will remind you that it’s your responsibility to register for the right type of test and the test center cannot be held responsible for an incorrect selection, select “OK”.
7. Scroll down and tick the special circumstances you need and the terms and condition and select “NEXT”.
8. Select the “NEW REGISTRATION” button if you are new to IELTS registration online or provide your email and password if you are an existing user.
9. Fill out all the information and read the red text carefully. NOTE: under the “FIRST NAME include your middle name” stated on your valid ID and double check all the details. After filling the form choose the sending option if you want to pick up the test result or post it to your address provided on the form.
10. After selecting Next you’ll be directed to another form, fill up the form and select “NEXT”.
11. Then popup notification will be show and ask you to confirm if all the information is correct, select “OK”.
12. Then you need to check all the details and confirm by “ticking the box” if all the information you’ve provided was correct and select “CONTINUE”.
13. Then it will be directed to ONLINE PAYMENT, select “PAY NOW”.
14. Then you need to select the card you’ll be used “Visa or MasterCard”.
15. Provide card number and the other details then select “SUBMIT”.
16. After paying online you’ll receive an email from them confirming your test date and your invoice receipt.