My Fiancé and I are planning to get married since 2017, we applied for a Fiancé Visa to the UK but sad to say that it was refused. We all know that getting married in the Philippines for Foreign nationals is not easy, it would take at least 2 to 3 months or more to process all the papers. Your British fiancé will also have to visit the British Embassy in Manila to pick up the legal capacity to marry. This will take 2 to 3 days or more after he secured his legal capacity to marry and both of you need to attend seminars regarding marriage life. That’s why, for Filipina and Foreigners, getting married in Hong Kong is the fastest way to choose.
My Fiancé and I are both working in the Middle East. He is working in Saudi and I was working in Qatar when we plan to get married, meaning to say we are both busy and no time to do a long time process like attending seminars, etc.
I started to do research the best place to get married abroad and got curious about how to get married in Hong Kong. Upon checking online it shows that getting married in Hong Kong is quite easy and straightforward and the cost is not that much.
But why we get married in Hong Kong?
- The process is quick and easy.
- The Fee is not that much.
- Easy to deal with the government authorities in Hong Kong than in the Philippines.
- Hong Kong is the all in one package (Wedding, Honeymoon, and Travel).
If you want the fastest, easy and straightforward process, then the option of getting married in Hong Kong is for you.
How to get started? The first thing we did is to email email@example.com
After sending them an email on November 27, 2018, at 1:58 am (PH Time) (8:58 pm – Qatar Time), I received a complete reply from them on the same day @11:46 am with complete information and instructions (Amazing), also with attached Overseas Marriage Application Inquiry Form.
The reply from the HK Government is quite lengthy, but be sure to read them thoroughly as it contains useful, specific information essential to completing the process. After you have read the instructions, it is time to prepare for the paperwork.
Procedures for giving notice of intended marriage from places outsides Hong Kong
If both of you are overseas and wish to celebrate your marriage in Hong Kong, either one of you may complete the Notice of Marriage form which is attached to this email and send it after notarization together with other required documents by AIRMAIL to their office.
- Complete the form and signed by either one of the marrying parties. Prepared the copies of both parties’ travel documents and the required documents, if appropriate (please see below for the required document under different categories).
- The duly completed Notice of Marriage (page 1) has to be authenticated by a Notary Public at the present place of residence of the person who signs the notice. Notarization has to be made against the signature of the marrying party.
- If you intend to celebrate your marriage at their marriage registry, you may indicate your preference for the date of marriage and registry on the information sheet (page 3 of the form).
Please note that Notice will be exhibited after it is normally received and marriage should be celebrated within 3 months but after 15 days from the date of giving the notice.
It is preferable that the Notice given from overseas should reach the Marriage Registration & Records Office at least one month before the ceremony is held.
- After notarization of the notice, you need to send the notice together with photocopies of the other documents below:
- Photocopies of your and your Fiancee birth certificate (International Birth Certificate if the same document isn’t in English)
- Photocopy of passports
- CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) for the Filipina partner
- Notarized Page 1 of the Notice of Intended Marriage
- Pages 2 and 3 of the Forms sent by the HK government (if both of you were never married) and 2 to 6 pages if one of you was previously married (divorced).
- Photocopy of the divorced certificate (If your partner was divorced).
- Bank draft of HK$305 made payable to ‘The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’.
All the requirements should be sent to the following address :
Births & Deaths General Register Office/Marriage Registration & Records Office
3/F, Low Block
Queensway Government Office
66 Queensway, Hong Kong
(Telephone Number : (852) 2867 2787)
- Upon the receipt of your notarized notice, the notice will be exhibited at the Marriage Registry where it is given and also at the Marriage Registration & Records Office for at least 15 clear days. If no objection is received after the period of 15 clear days, the marriage may take place. The notice period starts from the date immediately after the date of receipt of the notice at the office.
- A reply will be sent to you to confirm the appointment for the marriage ceremony after receipt of the authenticated notice, the prescribed fee, and supporting documents.
We received a reply from firstname.lastname@example.org saying that our request wedding date is confirmed. And both of us are required to appear on the scheduled date before the Deputy Registrar of Marriages with the travel document and other documents to be examined.
On the day of appointment for the marriage ceremony, the bride and bridegroom should attend 15 minutes before the time previously arranged by the Registrar, bringing two witnesses (at 18 years of age or over ). Relatives and friends may be invited to be present at the marriage ceremony. At the ceremony, rings may be exchanged between the parties if they wish. The bride and bridegroom and witnesses will sign the marriage certificate in duplicate and the Registrar will give one certificate to them and file the other in the registry.
Last, of all, you may wish to know that marriage at the Registrar’s Office is charged HK$715 during normal office hours and HK$1935 outside normal office hours.
Are you also thinking to get married in Hong Kong? Drop me a comment for some queries. I would be happy to answer all your questions to help you out.
Thank you for reading, hope it helps!
Do you need an expert to help you?
Feel free to contact and visit the website below: